more wine trouble

Appears I got my hope up too soon (see here) – more trouble was to come. Runtime errors – different from the original one – kept occuring, no matter what winetricks I applied…

Until I finally found out what had gone wrong in the first place: winetricks mfc40 (or mfc42 for that matter) failed to install oleaut32.dll for some unknown reason. After manually unpacking and registering the file, all trouble was gone.

Obviously, I would be interested in why it was possible to fix one of the many errors by just applying a different locale, but I guess I’ll stick to the old never touch a running system rule now…